Monday, June 28, 2010

I Need You Here God

One of my favorite songs, with an awesome message of faith. Take a moment and listen:


When I listen to this song's lyrics, specifically these two phrases, "I need You here, I need You here," and "I only want to be where You are," something interesting comes up for me.

At times in our lives, we need to cry to God and say, "I need You here! I'm in a mess, in this situation I need You to intervene Lord, save me from this problem, help Father," etc. On the flip side, when we can express to Him that, "I only want to be where You are," it may save us from a few of the other "save me" cries and situations.

Let me explain what I mean by that..."God, I only want to be where You are." For me, this statement goes beyond finding comfort and safety in His presence. Think about this: In your life, where is He? Which relationships and connections is He "in?" Which business ideas and plans is He in? Which organizations that you can partner with, join or support is He in? Which church is filled with His Spirit? What words that come out of your mouth is He in? What actions that you take is He in? What vision for your future has He given you?

When I pre-ask Him where He is, this helps me make better decisions in life. I don't know about you, but I only want to be where He is. Father, take me to the places, people and plans where You are.

No comments: