"Tips for a successful event"
Whether it's a small craft show or a booth at a large venue, there are some important things you can do to increase your chances of success.
1. Introduce yourself to your booth neighbors and show interest in their product or service. Try to refer customers to them, offer to watch their booth while they take a restroom break. The collaboration could earn you free networking information such as when and where other similar types of shows are being held.
2. Have a visually appealing space. Don't have food or cups lying around. Create appealing displays by adding dimension and color.
3. Always have enough change to break large bills. Be clear as to what forms of payment you accept.
4. Greet everyone, at least with a smile. At most events people walk around once and then later return to the booths they are interested in. Your smile, could bring them back to you.
5. Have fun and smile. People with be drawn to you and curious about your service or product.
Contributed by Chris Creekpaum, owner of Purs-onality Purses, Olympia, WA
Viewing Polar Bears in Northern Canada
12 hours ago