Friday, November 5, 2010

The Rush of Life, by Katie Nolan

This is the quick intro for a monthly devotional Katie offers. I thought you might enjoy reading it. To sign up for her devotionals via email, send her a note at kknolan@comcast.net.

Sometimes the rush of life becomes a roar and we lose sight of what is truly needful. The Psalmist said "I have calmed and quieted my soul" (Psalm 131). I have quieted my appetites and emotions and set my focus squarely on God.

We can get carried along by the rush of life and slowly begin to lose sight of the need to stop, rest, and take a moment to breathe. We sign up for so many things, rush from place to place, even ministry to ministry, and our constant activity becomes a way of living. God is faithful to stop our movement at times so we can be refreshed and fix our focus fully back upon Him.

Success is not measured by the amount of things we accomplish each day. Success is listening to our Father and doing His will. That is hard to do if we are so busy moving we never take time to communicate with Him.

Contributed by Katie Nolan
lia sophia Unit Manager
www.liasophia.com/katienolan

No comments: