We had a wonderful time at our live Olympia Koinonia Business Women's meeting last night. Welcome to new attenders Chris Creekpaum and Diana Wise! Our discussion touched on what Christian businesswomen want and need, how we can create opportunities to network together, more about KBWomen Radio, what business skill building topics are of interest right now, as well as answering individuals' questions about their current business challenges.
Tammy and I met last weekend to hash out some upcoming plans for the Koinonia Business Women's organization. Although we are both busy entrepreneurs with other ventures, Koinonia Business Women is becoming something we must focus on (and want to!!) to develop the organization's huge, exciting potential. This is truly where our hearts are! Out of our meeting (and last night's meeting) came several things:
- Koinonia Business Women will become a membership-based organization. Several added-value benefits are listed below.
- Spend more time promoting members on KBWomen.com, e.g., every member will have profiles on KBWomen.com (search engines seem to like our site and current members have been 'found' in search results because of their ads in our *BLING* e-zine or because they were listed as a 'featured member' in *BLING*).
- More emphasis on networking with each other.
- We may create workshops for members, by members, to attend free (others can pay to get in) on important business topics, skills or other fun business expo events.
- Members will receive audio files with great faith-based business info from experts who we interview.
- KBWomen Radio may switch to 45 min rather than 30. KBWomen Radio has some AMAZING guests scheduled for 2009.
- Create specific business owner groups to do deeper, individualized business strategizing.
- Set up an online prayer request system.
- Have a "members only" online community.
- Start our live group #2 in the Tacoma area.
- In the future, we will launch KBWomen's groups nationwide/worldwide.
Thoughts? Comments? We'd love to get some feedback on these ideas. Even if you are reading this from somewhere other than Western Washington, there are ways that you can be involved with Koinonia Business Women! Sign up to receive our e-Zine called *BLING*, listen to KBWomen Radio (schedule), sign up for our business builders mastermind/business strategies group (meets via webinar/teleseminar), advertise your business or service on KBWomen Radio, in *BLING* or on our website, or consider starting your own Koinonia Business Women's group meeting in your area (coming soon). No expertise required, you just need to invite people and love on them!
Krista & Tammy