It's an interesting question, right? God says He will in many different scriptures. However, there are specific things potentially mixed with "work" which He cannot bless, such as:
- Lying, because He is truth,
- Laziness, because He gives us the power to get wealth,
- Lust, because He loves self-control,
- Selfish desires and fleshly ambition, because He cares for people and commands us to do the same,
- Pride (unteachable attitude or boastfulness), because He says He will lift up the humble,
- Indecision or unfulfilled promises, because He Himself makes promises and has covenants,
- Poverty mentality, because He's waiting to pour out the storehouses of Heaven,
- Bitterness, because He freely forgives you,
- Unfaithfulness, because He is faithful,
- Deceitfulness, because things done in secret will be brought into the open,
- Justifying wrong actions, because He searches and knows our hearts, and
- Worldly wisdom, because His ways are true wisdom.
We say "work" with quotes because your work is not solely what you get paid to do. It can include serving, a volunteer ministry, what you do at home for your family, any kind of effort you put forth (to of course include jobs, businesses, etc.). There is a character/attitude and a work ethic that is a very necessary ingredient of God being able to bless the work of your hands.
Keep coming back for more on this topic! Scroll down to subscribe to our Blog RSS feed and get alerted each time we post. Blessings...