Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 1, of a 21-day Fast, by Angelica Carmouche


Day 1, of a 21-Day Fast

Well, it is day 1 of my 21-day fast, and of course the day was started out with a prayer. "Dear Lord, I do not know what I am doing but I know you will help me along my way. As I start this journey, walk with me Lord. Let me not close off my mind just to keep from thinking of food, but allow my mind to be open to you Lord Jesus. Allow my spirit to be receptive to what you want revealed to me over the next several days and lead me in the direction you wish for me to go. Thank you Lord Jesus in your Heavenly name I pray, Amen."

I am praying constantly in my mind, "be with me Jesus." Every moment, my mind is on the Lord. I surrender to God and trust that I do not have to rely on food for any comfort. That is hard, because for so long food has been my comfort. Now I am telling God, "Lord you are my only comfort here because I have removed food from my comfort zone." Only God is occupying my comfort zone.

Wow, how much does it take to say that and actually mean it? It is a faith feeling. I am drawing nearer to the Lord, believing in the promise that He will draw closer to me. I am walking a journey to discover what my true purpose is and how to fulfill it.

Pray for me as I continue to pray. I hope to inspire as others have inspired me, and during this time to keep hold to my faith and encourage me. I am reading AWAKENING A New Approach to Faith, Fasting, and Spiritual Freedom 21 days to Revolutionize your Relationship with God By Stovall Weams.

Pastors Stovall and Kerri Weams have been an inspiring aspect in my life and just hearing them speak and teach at Women's Conferences or on special Sundays at Healing Place Church (HPC), I have been blessed to have received the word from them. It is amazing how much being in attendance at HPC has changed my life. Pastors Dino and Delynn Rizzo, the leaders at HPC, are absolutely amazing. Through them, God has opened Faith doors for me. I thank God for them. It is only by walking through those faith doors that I have the devotion and strength to go through this, and I know that God will carry and see me through.

I look forward to this learning experience and the spiritual growth that comes from it.
Drisana (Angelica D. Carmouche)

No comments: