Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fasting Day #2

Day 2 of my 21-day fast has reached midday, and I have not had a single craving for food. I am leaning more on spiritual hunger and a thirst for more of what God has in store for me. Life gets in the way of a lot of things. I have found that when I am not thinking of breaking for lunch or what to snack on next, I am conversing more and more with God.

This challenge is just that - a challenge to discipline myself through prayer and devotion, knowing that the Lord will take care of all things that come my way. This fast, like any other challenge in life, is just one way to show that God has the reign no matter what we may think we are in control of. It is like my Grandmother used to tell me, the best way to make the Lord laugh is to tell him your plans. God has a positive plan for all our lives. I believe that more now than I have ever believed anything in my life. We make what we think are mistakes but God takes our "mistakes" and turns them for His Glory.

Lord, your ways, make known to me. Teach me your paths, guide me in your truths and teach me. For you are my God, my Savior, for you I wait all the day. Psalms 25:4-5

Drisana - I can do all things through the God that strengthens me.

(Angelica D. Carmouche) http://askdrisana.blogspot.com/

No comments: